Travel Advisory: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:
The safety of our clients is our top priority and we are taking every measure to support you as quickly as possible. Due to extremely high call volumes at our RBC Rewards Call Centre, clients are experiencing long wait times. During this time, we ask that:
- If you are not traveling within the next 72 hours, please consider calling at a later time
- If you are not traveling in the month of March, please call back starting the week of March 23
We are committed to providing you with regular updates and information as they become available. Please find below key information that may address some of your questions.
How do I change my booking made using RBC Rewards?
We understand that many clients are trying to change bookings made through RBC Rewards. If you are traveling within the next 72 hours, please call the Advice Centre and select the Rewards Option. We are doing our very best to support these requests and appreciate your patience. If you are not traveling within the next 72 hours, please consider calling at a later time.
If this is an emergency and you must return to your original destination, please consider the following:
- Visit the RBC Rewards Caribbean online booking tool to book a new trip using your credit card. This will ensure you can resume your travel safely and confidently. Please call RBC Rewards Caribbean by calling the Advice Centre and selecting the Rewards Option thereafter to cancel your previous booking.
What are the Change and Cancellation Policies I can expect?
Clients are to contact their travel provider who made the original booking. For clients who made their original booking using their RBC Rewards points, please refer to the previous section entitled “How do I change my booking made using RBC Rewards”. All other clients are to contact their travel provider who made their original booking in order to facilitate changes of cancellations.
RBC Rewards is committed to providing assistance in facilitating changes or cancellations to travel bookings for our clients. However, travel providers have specific policies around changes fees, changes and cancellations so it is important to review their specific policies. We encourage you to review your travel provider policy first and here are a few links to some airlines:
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Caribbean Airlines
- Cayman Airlines
- Copa Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- West Jet
Please note: All requests are subject to specific travel provider rules and fees
What about travel insurance?
We understand that you may have insurance related questions about your travel plans due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
We encourage clients to:
- Refer to their travel insurance policy/certificate, and
- Contact their travel insurance provider
- RBC clients that have applicable travel insurance coverage on their RBC credit card should visit www.visa.com/benefitsportal for more information. RBC clients with other travel insurance should contact their travel insurance providers directly.
Note: All insurance providers are experiencing high-call volumes and clients may experience longer wait times due to this global situation.
The health and well-being of our clients and our employees is of the utmost importance to us at RBC. We appreciate your patience as we work to support you through this time.