- Always earning the right to be our clients' first choice
- Excellent service to clients and each other
- Working together to succeed
- Personal responsibility for high performance
- Diversity for growth and innovation
- Trust through integrity in everything we do
- In Canada, our goal is to be the undisputed leader in financial services.
- In the U.S., our goal is to be a leading provider of capital markets, wealth management and banking services by building on and leveraging our considerable capabilities.
- Outside North America, our goal is to be a premier provider of select capital markets, wealth management and banking services in markets of choice.
ROYAL BANK OF CANADA (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC. We are Canada's largest bank as measured by assets and market capitalization, and among the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management services, insurance, corporate and investment banking and transaction processing services on a global basis. We employ approximately 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 18 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 53 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
This annual report contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of certain securities laws, including the "safe harbour" provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities legislation. We caution readers not to place undue reliance on these statements as a number of risk factors could cause our actual results to differ materially from the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements. Additional information about our forward-looking statements and risk factors can be found under the Caution regarding forward-looking statements on the Management's Discussion and Analysis page.