Looking to return to or re-skill for a career in the environmental sector?
The RBC Foundation Green Skills Scholarship could help you make an impact on environmental challenges. The Scholarship awards up to 30 scholarships annually up to $10,000 to students, aged 25+, committed to returning and reskilling within buildings and construction, agriculture and food production, transportation, waste management and recycling, or renewable energy.
About the Scholarship
The RBC Foundation Green Skills Scholarship is for students (aged 25+) returning to school focused on climate solutions.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada; or have proof of status as a Protected Person or Convention Refugee from Immigration and Citizenship Canada (claimants are not eligible)
- Be an adult learner over the age of 25 who is starting or returning to post-secondary studies to develop innovative solutions to pressing environmental challenges
- Must not be retired
- Must be entering or already enrolled in part-time or full-time Diploma or Post-Graduate Certificate studies in an eligible field of study at an eligible institution*
- Program must be a minimum length of two semesters
- Recipients of the RBC Capital Markets Pathways Diversity Awards program are not eligible for this scholarship.
* Eligible institutions: Canadian educational institutions which have recognized degree/diploma-granting powers, or their affiliates (e.g., universities and colleges).
Areas of study must be related to one of the following greening sectors:
- Buildings and construction
- Agriculture and food production
- Waste management and recycling
- Renewable energy
Awards are evenly split between recipients and their institutions. The recipients' portion may be used to support students housing, transportation, textbooks or equipment or childcare.
RBC Foundation Green Skills Scholarship
Applications are now closed. Check back Spring 2024 for
Powered in partnership with the RBC Foundation & Universities Canada.