Select a Group
- Network and connect with peers through Employee Resource Groups.
- RBC is a proud sponsor of the Women in Capital Markets non-profit organization to promote entry, advancement and development of women in the field.
- Women made up 48.7% of all new hires within our 2018 fiscal year.
- We are proud to offer a Capital Markets Returnship Program for female candidates looking to return to the Capital Markets industry.
- Work/Life Solutions. We offer our employees flexible integration of work, personal and community responsibilities and activities.
- International Women’s Day. We celebrate the achievements of women worldwide.
- In February 2017, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) signed the Women in Finance Charter to support the progression of women to senior roles and recognize the importance of gender equality across financial services organizations in the UK. The Charter reflects the UK Government’s aspiration to see gender balance at all levels across the financial services industry.
- RBC partners with many organizations such as Catalyst in Canada and the U.S. to demonstrate our dedication to accelerating the progress of women through workplace inclusion.
- Career Bridge Internship. RBC partners with the Career Edge Organization to provide a variety of paid internships to new Canadians with international work experience.
- Customized Products and Services. As a newcomer to Canada you have access to valuable information about your new life, like buying a home or saving for your children’s education.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Learn more about our Mosaic and Multicultural Employee Alliance ERGs.
- RBC supports Windmill Microlending and its vision for immigrants, including refugees, to be equitably integrated into the workforce and to contribute their expertise to Canada’s economic and social success.
- Ready to Join Us? Find out more about how to apply, getting interview ready and our refer-a-friend program.
- Indigenous Peoples and RBC Site. Indigenous communities have a long history of partnering with RBC. By building relationships based on mutual respect, shared values and a common understanding, together we can create a strong, sustainable future for communities from coast to coast to coast.
- Aboriginal Student Award Program. How about an award to complete your post-secondary education? We have 10 Awards valued up to $4,000 for each academic year (for a maximum of four years) to use towards tuition, textbooks, supplies and living expenses. You can apply under two categories: financial and non-financial disciplines. Applications for the scholarship are open from December 1 to February 28.
- Be a Summer Intern. A 6- to 12-month internship completed over 2-3 consecutive summers, this is a first-in-class, hands-on training experience in which you’ll gain mentorship from our Indigenous Peoples members. Search by keywords “Aboriginal” and “summer” to apply now.
- Employee Resource Group (ERG). Learn more about our Royal Eagles ERG.
- Right to Play. RBC has partnered with Right to Play's Promoting Life-skills in Aboriginal Youth (PLAY) program. PLAY is an intensive training and capacity-building program for local youth workers, called Community Mentors, who are trained to plan and deliver play-based educational programming for youth in Indigenous communities across Canada.
- Start early with programs and resources that help you learn and plan the next opportunity
- Access sponsored training capabilities to help you succeed today and in the future
- Grow in many ways: learning on the job, new experiences, challenging roles, coaching, formal programs and special projects
- Participate in world class people and citizenship practices
- Volunteer and get grants to support your cause
- Your performance enables RBC to donate and sponsor Indigenous Peoples’ communities in matters that include youth, culture and the environment
- Use your financial expertise to support, educate and empower your clients, colleagues and those in your community
- Integrate your work and your life outside of work through a broad range of flexible benefits that can help meet your needs today and in the future
- Build prosperity for RBC, you and the community by bringing the three together
Helping You Reach Your Fullest Potential
Make a Positive Impact
Ready to join us or need help?
We can assist with resume and interview coaching, and by providing exclusive info on featured jobs, tips, events and more.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender
A History of Inclusion
RBC is your ally in building awareness and an inclusive workplace. We’ve made history together and will continue to do so with you on our team. Today, RBC is present at over 40 Pride Parades around the globe and supports over 85 LGBT+ themed community partners.
- 1995 Recognized same-gender partners for spousal equivalent benefits across employee benefit-programs.
- 1999 Pride employee resource group was established and is now global
- 2000 Extended pension coverage to same-gender partners
- 2009 RBC Wealth Management U.S. introduced gender transition guidelines for employees
- 2014 RBC in Canada introduced gender transition guidelines for employees
- 2014 Opened an online community with LGTB+ resources, tools and a meeting place
- 2017 Ranked first on LGBT+ inclusion index by Pride at Work Canada
- 2018 RBC signs Business Statement on Transgender Equality
- Through the support of programs like OK2BME for young adults, which is run by Kitchener-Waterloo Counselling Services Inc., RBC helps provide counselling to young people and their families, and offers training and consultation on LGBT+ issues in the community and workplace.
- RBC has been a long-time supporter of the Canadian Aids Society and the Canadian Foundation for Aids Research.
Persons with Disabilities
Accommodations at a Glance
During Your Application
- Support during your job application process
- Your candidacy will be highlighted for our team
- Flexible work schedule
- Adaptive technology
- Unique training
- Workspace modification
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Learn more about our Reach and RHeart ERGs.
- UN International Day of Persons with Disabilities. RBC celebrates persons with disabilities and raises awareness of achievements promoting accessibility across the organization.
- Green Lime Day. In June 2017, RBCers participated in Green Lime Day to raise awareness for mental health and illness.
- RBC supports Easter Seals Canada and their RBC 21st Century Leadership Program. This program provides youth living with disabilities with access to a transformative leadership curriculum built on 21st century leadership capabilities, competencies and skills.
- RBC Future Launch. Our commitment to empower Canadian youth for the jobs of tomorrow. Over the next 10 years, we are dedicating our knowledge, skills and resources to help young people access meaningful employment through skills development, networking and work experience.
- Career Launch Internship. This one-year paid internship features formal learning opportunities, mentorship and professional networking to help you kick-start your career.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Learn more about our NextGen and RFuture ERGs.
- Global Emerging Leadership Program. This two-year leadership development program is ideal for those who show strong leadership ability.
- Next Great Social Innovator Challenge. Our annual competition asks students to create a visionary solution to the challenge question. You’ll have a chance at winning a cash prize and an interview with an RBC recruiter.
Explore Opportunities at RBC
Unlock your potential to achieve with a career at one of the world’s leading financial institutions.