We diligently work to maintain our online security to the highest possible standards. Controls that we use across our online infrastructure include:
- Robust and multi-layered security of servers and applications.
- Multiple layers of internal and external firewalls which protect our online environments.
- Regular reviews of our security practices and technology updates.
- Regular reviews to ensure our security and privacy policies and standards reflect our industry leading position.
- Use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption to protect the information you send or receive from our secure sites.
- Use of encrypted password log-ons to RBC secure websites to help safeguard against unauthorized access to your accounts.
- Automatic session terminations when extended inactivity is detected. This helps to protect your accounts if you are called away from your computer.
To learn more about specific online initiatives, see: