Most of the information is collected when you interact with us for example when you apply for a product or service, enter a contest, sign-up for special offers or complete a survey. We also collect financial and other information about you from a variety of sources including from: references you have provided to us, transactions you have made with or through us, credit reporting agencies, and other financial institutions.
We will ask you to provide information that enables us to complete your request, to provide better service or to offer you products and services we believe you might be interested in.
Information About You
Information essential for fulfilling most financial requests and applications includes:
- Information establishing your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, title, business phone number, email address, date of birth, social insurance number or social security number (for tax purposes), and account numbers;
- Information to authenticate your identity, such as knowledge-based information (i.e. username, password and account information), biometric information (i.e. signature, fingerprint and voiceprint), device information (i.e. device model, browser type, IP address, security cookie and approximate physical location of device);
- Information related to transactions arising from your relationship with and through us, and from other financial institutions;
- Information you provide on an application for the provision of our products and services, such as your annual income, place of employment, investments, account balance, financial liabilities, transaction history;
- Information about financial behaviour such as your payment history and credit worthiness.
- Information about your health may be collected for insurance products and services.
- Information pertaining to business clients will include your business name, address, phone number, email address, industry type, financial status and detail(s) on the owner(s), operator(s) and director(s).
- Additional information may be requested to help us determine your eligibility for products and services that we offer.
Providing us with your information is always your choice. However, in dealings involving insurance and related financial services, your decision to withhold particular details may limit or prevent us from providing the products or services you have asked for. It may also make it more difficult for us to advise you or suggest appropriate alternatives.
It is our goal to continuously improve our service offerings to you. Therefore, we routinely collect non-personal aggregate information from surveys, public archives and Web sites to help us understand the interests of our clients and to manage our risks.