We use your personal and financial information for the purposes communicated to you in your agreement(s) with us, for example to:
- Verify your identity;
- Provide you with the financial products and services requested;
- Communicate to you any benefit, feature and other information about products and services you have with us;
- Respond to any special needs or inquiries you may have;
- Better understand your financial situation and determine your eligibility for products and services we offer;
- Manage our risks and operations;
- Meet regulatory and legal requirements.
- If we have your social insurance number or social security number, we may use it for tax related purposes if you hold a product generating income and share it with the appropriate government agencies. We may also share it with credit reporting agencies as an aid to identify you.
- We may communicate with you through various channels including telephone, computer or mail using the contact information you have provided.
- If you deal with multiple RBC companies (e.g. bank, investments, insurance etc), we may, where not prohibited by law, consolidate all information to better manage our business and the relationship we have with you.