We use your personal and financial information for the purposes communicated to you at the time of collection or in your agreement(s) with us, for example to:
- Verify your identity and to authenticate you when you contact us;
- Provide you with the financial products and services requested;
- Communicate to you any benefit, feature and other information about products and services you have with us;
- Respond to any special needs or inquiries you may have;
- Better understand your financial situation and determine your eligibility for products and services we offer;
- Manage our risks and operations;
- Meet regulatory and legal requirements;
- If we have your social insurance number or social security number, we may use it for tax related purposes if you hold a product generating income and share it with the appropriate government agencies. We may also share it with credit reporting agencies as an aid to identify you.
- We may communicate with you through various channels including telephone, computer or mail using the contact information you have provided.
- With your consent, we may use your information to promote our products and services and that of third parties we select, which we believe you will be interested in.
- If you deal with multiple RBC companies (e.g. bank, investments, insurance etc), we may, where not prohibited by law, consolidate all information to better manage our business and the relationship we have with you.
- If for any reason your information is required to fulfill a different purpose then that of your original intent, we ask for your consent before we proceed.
- Note that sensitive information such as health records will never, under any circumstances, be shared or used for a purpose other than that of the original intent.