RBC Launches 2011 Online Annual Report
Features videos of executives, interactive tools and mobile-ready design
TORONTO, December 15, 2011 Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) today announced that its interactive, online 2011 annual report to shareholders is now available at rbc.com/ar2011.
Designed with our investors' needs in mind, this year's online annual report features innovative tools, content and resources that allow users to easily access information and customize their experience.
"RBC is committed to best practice online communications," said Amy Cairncross, head, Investor Relations, RBC. "Our integrated online annual report allows users to quickly browse highlights, look up detailed information and customize the RBC annual report to their needs. This year, we also wanted to ensure that our audience could easily access information, not just at their desk, but on their mobile device, whenever and however they choose."
Some of the new functionality includes:
- Mobile-ready - built-in adaptive technology ensures the report can be easily viewed on Android, iPhone®/iPad® and Blackberry®platforms
- Social media-enabled - tools to simplify content sharing
- Video messages from executives - additional context including closed captioning and transcripts
- Customization - select pages to create a customized report and reduce unnecessary printing
- Interactive glossary - an easy alphabetical look-up for terms used in the report
- Relevant links to RBC.com - users can jump directly to key pages for related information
The RBC Online Annual Report is also available in French.
RBC's 2011 Annual Report is also available in pdf format in the Investor Relations section of RBC.com, at rbc.com/investorrelations/ir_annual_report.html.
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC. We are one of Canada's largest banks as measured by assets and market capitalization, and are among the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management services, insurance, corporate and investment banking and transaction processing services on a global basis. We employ approximately 74,000 full- and part-time employees who serve close to 15 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 56 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
- 30 -
For more information, please contact:
Tanis Robinson, Director, Financial Communications,
RBC, (416) 955-5172
Lauren Hopkinson, Investor Relations, RBC, (416) 955-2137