International Student Moving to Canada
Open Your Canadian Bank Account Before Classes Start
Moving to a new country for school is a big step, but the more you do now to prepare, the less homework you’ll need to do when you arrive in Canada. One way you can help set yourself up ahead of time is to open a Canadian bank account before you move. Open an RBC® account now, and you’ll enjoy:
- A no-fee banking account you can use before you come to Canada42
- An exclusive TELUS‡ offer when you open any RBC personal deposit account: a free SIM card and a $50 TELUS Prepaid Top-up card.55 Offer available May 14 to October 31, 2018.
- A secure and cost-effective way to wire money to Canada
- Immediate access to your money when you arrive in Canada
- Nationwide access to your account, regardless of which province or city you decide to make your new home
- The convenience to bank at any of our branches as well as on the go – anytime, anywhere, 24/7 access – by phone, online or with our RBC mobile apps14
Why Choose Royal Bank of Canada?
- We are Canada's largest bank*
- Service is available by phone or in-branch in over 200 languages
- We were recognized as “Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among the Big Five Retail Banks” in Canada and named as “Best Trade Finance Bank” for the 4th consecutive year globally▼
- You can bank safely anywhere, anytime with online and mobile banking14
- We have the largest combined branch and ATM network across Canada, with more than 4,200 ATMs
Get Started Today
We can help you with all of your banking needs. Open your Canadian bank account today before you arrive in Canada!