Newcomers to Canada
Enjoy the RBC Newcomer Advantage™1
Take advantage of our banking and credit solutions for newcomers. The RBC Newcomer Advantage1 gives you everything you need to get started financially in Canada, including:
- Your first credit card – no credit history required2 and no annual fee on select cards3
- First home in Canada, with an RBC Royal Bank mortgage, no credit history required5
- First bank account: Enjoy no monthly fee banking for 6 months7 with the RBC Signature No Limit Banking account. This all-inclusive account provides unlimited debit transactions8. Plus, with all RBC personal chequing accounts you always enjoy unlimited free e-Transfers.
- A cost-effective way to send money overseas with RBC International Money Transfer12
- First car with an RBC Royal Bank® car loan, no credit history required4 at over 3,500 dealerships
- Preferred rate on foreign exchange transactions in-branch for 12 months9
- Preferred interest rates on select Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs)10
- Small safe deposit box (lock box) with fees waived for up to two years11
- First Business in Canada: Get a $50 when you open any eligible new business account13 for your first business in Canada
Newcomers, No Credit History Required
Why Choose Royal Bank of Canada?
- You can bank safely anywhere, anytime with online and mobile banking14
- We have the largest combined branch and ATM network across Canada, with more than 4,200 ATMs
- Service is available by phone or in-branch in over 200 languages
- We’ve committed $2.5 million to support refugees and other newcomers to Canada
What Can We Help You With Today?
Get Started Today
We can help you with all your banking needs. From opening your first bank account and credit card to buying your first home or saving for your future, our advisors can help you reach all your financial goals.
Visit us today at any RBC Royal Bank® branch with your
- Passport and
- Landing Papers or Permanent Resident Card