Newcomers to Canada - Foreign Worker
Experience the RBC Newcomer Advantage™1
Our Newcomer Advantage1 program was designed specifically with newcomers in mind. Providing you with the financial tools to help you get settled in Canada, this unique program includes everything you need to set up your day-to-day banking and position yourself to achieve your goals for your time in Canada. The RBC Newcomer Advantage includes:
- First bank account: Open an RBC No Limit bank account and enjoy no monthly fees for 9 months7. With the RBC No Limit bank account there’s no limit to the number of Interac‡ e-Transfers you can send or to the number of debit transactions8 you can make.
- Preferred rate on foreign exchange transactions in-branch for 12 months9
- Preferred interest rates on select Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs)10
- Small safe deposit box (lock box) with fees waived for two years11
- Cost-effective way to send money overseas with RBC® International Money Transfer12
- $50 when you open any eligible new business account13 for your first business in Canada
- Credit card49 with no annual fee3 on select cards
Let's Make Someday Happen™
Why Choose Royal Bank of Canada?
- Service is available by phone or in-branch in over 200 languages
- You can bank safely anywhere, anytime with online banking and the RBC Mobile banking app14
- We have the largest combined branch and ATM network across Canada, with more than 4,200 ATMs
What Can We Help You With Today?
Get Started Today
We can help you with your immediate banking needs and future financial goals. Our advisors can open your first bank account and credit card, or help you start a savings plan. Visit us today at any RBC Royal Bank branch to get started.
Please remember to bring your:
- Passport and
- Immigration/Landing Papers or Permanent Resident card.