The request for proposal period is currently closed. The application deadline for 2015 grants will be announced in late December 2014.
In addition to meeting eligibility criteria, you may apply for a grant if your after school program:
- Reinforces basic social skills, such as cooperation, team-building and conflict resolution to help youth begin to develop workplace competencies,
- Improves academic achievement of students,
- Increases students' self-esteem through skill development activities
- Provides a safe environment,
- Encourages / develops links and partnerships between school, home and community,
- Is financially accessible and has no participation fee, or a very low participation fee,
- Is designed to assist children and youth between the ages of 6 and 18 in at risk or underserved communities.
- Applicants must be a registered charity with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or a CRA qualified donee operating in Canada.
- After school programs must operate 5 days per week, Monday through Friday inclusive.
- The same group of participants will attend the program Monday through Friday throughout the school year.
- Programming must be provided in the after school hours from the close of the regular school day until at least 5:00 pm. *
- Organizations may deliver programs in multiple locations, however, RBC's funding must be directed to only on program location.
- After school programs must begin no later than October 1.
* RBC After School Project grants may not be used to fund morning, lunch, evening or weekend programming.