Applications are now being accepted.
In addition to meeting eligibility criteria, you may apply for a grant if your after school program:
- Reinforces basic social skills, such as cooperation, team-building and conflict resolution to help youth begin to develop workplace competencies,
- Improves academic achievement of students,
- Increases students' self-esteem through skill development activities
- Provides a safe environment,
- Encourages / develops links and partnerships between school, home and community,
- Is financially accessible and has no participation fee, or a very low participation fee,
- Is designed to assist children and youth between the ages of 6 and 18 in at risk or underserved communities.
- Applicants must be a registered charity with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or a CRA qualified donee operating in Canada.
- After school programs must operate 5 days per week, Monday through Friday inclusive.
- The same group of participants will attend the program Monday through Friday throughout the school year.
- Programming must be provided in the after school hours from the close of the regular school day until at least 5:00 pm. *
- Organizations may deliver programs in multiple locations, however, RBC's funding must be directed to only on program location.
- After school programs must begin no later than October 1.
* RBC After School Project grants may not be used to fund morning, lunch, evening or weekend programming.