®/™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada.
‡ All other trademarks are the property of their respective owner(s).
* As measured by market capitalization and assets.
1) Provided you meet all of Royal Bank of Canada’s eligibility and credit criteria, you may be eligible for an unsecured RBC Royal Bank credit card even if you have no Canadian credit history. If you don’t qualify for an unsecured RBC Royal Bank credit card, you may still be eligible for a credit card provided you give us a security deposit and meet Royal Bank of Canada’s eligibility criteria. For secured credit cards, a credit history may be required.
2) You will earn i) $2.00 back for every $100.00 (2% Cash Back Credit) in Grocery Store Purchases you make, up to a maximum of $6,000 per Annual Period, ii) $1.00 back for every $100.00 (1% Cash Back Credit) in Grocery Store Purchases you make in excess of $6,000 during an Annual Period, unlimited, iii) $0.50 back for every $100.00 (0.5% Cash Back Credit) in Net Purchases you make (including pre-authorized bill payments), other than Grocery Store Purchases, up to a maximum of $6 000 per Annual Period, and iv) $1.00 back for every $100.00 (1% Cash Back Credit) in Net Purchases you make (including pre-authorized bill payments), other than Grocery Store Purchases, in excess of $6,000 during an Annual Period, unlimited. Grocery Store Purchases are purchases made at merchants classified by MasterCard’s Merchant Category Code” as “grocery stores and supermarkets” (MCC 5411). Royal Bank of Canada (“Royal Bank”) cannot guarantee that any merchant, operating in whole or in part as a grocery store, is classified by MCC 5411, and in no event will Royal Bank be liable or responsible for any claims with respect to a grocery store purchase made at a merchant that is not classified by MCC 5411. To consult the list of participating merchants, please visit: www.rbc.com/nofeecashback . Provided your New Cash Back Balance is $25.00 or more, Cash Back Credits earned during the year will i) automatically be credited to your January Account balance and appear on your January monthly statement, and/or ii) be credited at any other time, upon request. Cash Back Credits are not earned on cash advances (including RBC Royal Bank credit card cheques, balance transfers, cash-like transactions and bill payments that are not pre-authorized charges that you set up with a merchant), interest charges or fees, and credits for returns and adjustments will reduce or cancel the cash back credits earned by the amounts originally charged. For complete details, please refer to the RBC Cash Back Program Terms and Conditions at: www.rbcroyalbank.com/cards/documentation .
3) “No limit” means there is no maximum cash back credits you can earn on grocery store purchases and other purchases (up to your available credit limit) per Annual Period. For complete RBC Cash Back Program terms and conditions, please visit: www.rbcroyalbank.com/cards/documentation
4) Monthly fee will be waived for the first six months upon account opening. Monthly fee is $14.95. Other account transaction fees may apply. Applies to RBC Signature No Limit Banking account only. Available only to newcomers to Canada who have arrived in Canada within the last year and who show proof of permanent resident status. Also available to newcomers to Canada that have arrived between 1 – 3 years when clients switch their account from another financial institution using CustomSwitch®. Other conditions apply. See branch for details. This offer may be withdrawn at any time and is subject to change without notice.
5) Debit transaction means a withdrawal of funds from an account and includes an assisted transaction and an electronic self-serve transaction.
6) Enjoy a preferred foreign exchange rate on all transactions made during the first 12 consecutive months with the use of your RBC Signature No Limit Banking account or RBC VIP Banking® account. Available only under the RBC Welcome to Canada package10 for newcomers. Regular foreign exchange rates apply on all other deposit accounts. The preferred rate only applies to foreign exchange transactions made at an RBC branch within Canada. See branch for details. This offer may be withdrawn at any time without notice; foreign exchange rates are subject to change without notice.
7) Enjoy preferred interest rates on the first term of non-redeemable, redeemable and one-year cashable GICs with a minimum term of one year and a balance of $1,000 or more. Regular interest rates apply upon renewal. Available only with the RBC Welcome to Canada package10 for newcomers. See branch for details. This offer may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
8) One year’s rental of a Small Safe Deposit box with annual fees waived, where available. Safe Deposit Box fees are collected in January for each calendar year. If you open, switch or are converted to an account that is eligible for a Safe Deposit Box discount at any time after the Safe Deposit Box fees have been collected that year, the discount on those Safe Deposit Box fees will not be pro-rated and applied to the fees of the partial year. The discount will start in the following year and be applied to the Safe Deposit Box fees billed in January of the following year.
9) Rated by Global Finance magazine, 2009 – 2012.
10) Available only to newcomers to Canada who have arrived in Canada within the last year and who show proof of permanent resident status. Also available to newcomers to Canada who have arrived between 1 – 3 years when clients switch their account from another financial institution using CustomSwitch. Other conditions apply. See branch for details. This offer may be withdrawn at any time and is subject to change without notice.